Monday, June 11, 2007

I'm Back

I took a trip to Kentucky at the end of April (the 28th). Janson and I rented a car since the truck has rather low gas mileage. We drove down there (6 hours), saw Carrie and Charles get married and then drove back (6 hours). Several people have called us crazy for making the roundtrip in one day, but it was actually really nice. Janson and I had ample oppurtunity to talk and hold real conversations! Plus the wedding was great. Carrie and I met in the dorms our freshamn/sophmore years at Calvin and then lived together our junior year. I have many fond memories of Carrie and it was pretty crazy cool to see her get married.
The wedding was outdoors and it was beautiful weather. It was a small gathering which I think made it quite relaxing and enjoyable (especially for the bride and groom).

On the way down I had been sleeping for a quick nap when Janson woke me up saying that I had to see something. I groggily looked up and there, across the freeway was a giant Jesus. He promised we could stop and take a picture on teh way back. (see below)


Giant Jesus is on I-75 in Ohio and is 60-some odd feet tall.

Well, that's it for now. I think the next few days will require a fair bit of posting to catch up with where I am now.

No comments: