Thursday, December 21, 2006

Things Feel Different

It is a bit of an adjustment coming back to North America after 3.5 monthes in a strange place. There are sooo many memories that people here just don't understand. I've really missed being around my friends at CNU so I started looking through my pictures, finding the really good ones to show off when I visit my parents for Christmas. I keep laughing at pictures and I really wish I had a couple people from my trip around so we could all laugh together.

Seeing as how they aren't around, I might as well post a few pictures up here....

(Give me a few hours and I'll put some up)

>>EDIT
So a few hours is actually 24, sorry about the delay.


This picture would be Christi, Heather and myself. Earlier in the semester when we realized ice cream bars would still be sold mid-winter we made a deal to take a picture eating ice cream bars all bundled up. Shortly after we took this picture we all hopped back inside the dorm to warm up and finish our frozen treats.


When the three of us girls went to Datong we stopped by this little bakery where the staff were wearing little crowns. We told them that we really like their little hats and could we please have one. So they gave us three. Very nice of them. We also found little cookies that remind me of Dutch Windmill cookies there.


A few days before I left Beijing this was how the smog looked. It was even worse the next day, but right before I left it cleared up beautifully.


A picture is worth a thousand words.... Matteo and I went shopping together shortly before I left Beijing. We saw this dress at the market and we were so stunned we had to take a picture. There is no way that dress could be adequately described in words.


After seeing the dress in the previous picture we were in a rather silly mood. Also, Matteo likes UPS so when we saw this advertisment in the subway, we just had to stop.


I've been converted. Just kidding. It's actually Mike Westrate's hat but whenever I visited his and Matteo's room I would wear it. They are very comfy and warm. Next time I go back I am getting one for myself.

No comments: